Ramadan Symposium (III): Who doesn’t face marital disputes? They key is learning how to deal with them!
Building on the Doha International Family Institute’s (DIFI) biennial international conference on “Marriage: Formation and Constituents of Stability,” which concluded with the aim of advocating for policy development in Qatar on the following key areas:
– Mandatory premarital education programs
– Inclusion of mental health tests in mandatory premarital assessments
– Inclusion of marital education programs in school curriculums
DIFI aims to organize a set of symposia to examine the topics of marriage and marital education programs in Qatar and to highlight the vital role of quality marital relationships in the sustainability of the institution of marriage.
- Underscore the importance of the institution of marriage towards building healthy, stable families and societies.
- Underline the role of quality marital relationships towards sustainable marriages.
- Highlight the role of quality marital education programs on the formation and stability of marriage.
- Target audience: couples, family experts, psychologists, NGO representatives, religious clerics, educational and legal experts.
- Objective: To address the causes of marital disputes and highlight approaches towards managing them with the aim of achieving marital stability and happiness.