Doha International Family Institute (DIFI) is a global policy and advocacy Institute working to advance knowledge on Arab families and promote evidence-based polices at national, regional and international levels. The Doha International Family Institute (DIFI), is a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) and is an integral part of the Foundation's efforts to foster healthy, educated societies underpinned by strong cohesive families in Qatar and the region. DIFI has special consultative status with United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSCO).
How we started
DIFI was established by Her Highness Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development in 2006, and is an integral part of the Foundation’s efforts to foster healthy, educated societies underpinned by strong cohesive families in Qatar and the region.
DIFI achieves its objectives by:
- Developing scientifically based relevant policy research
- Developing evidence-based Family Policies to inform policymakers & advocate best practices
- Evaluating & Developing Family Programs
- Enhancing DIFI visibility
- Enhancing DIFI capabilities & sustainability
DIFI Strategic Priorities:
- Family Cohesion
- Family Well-being & Protection
- Marriage & Divorce
- Behavioral Issues
DIFI’s mandate is based upon the Doha Declaration on the Family which reaffirms the commitments of the international community to strengthen the family as the natural and fundamental group unit of society and encourages governments, international organizations and members of civil society to take action to promote and support the family.
(The Doha Declaration was noted by the United Nations General Assembly in its resolution A/RES/59/111 on 6th December 2004.)
DIFI operates as a non-governmental organization (NGO) within the framework of Qatar Foundation – a private, non-profit organization founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Father Emir of Qatar. The Institute has special consultative status with United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
DIFI’s vision is to become a global knowledge leader on issues facing the Arab family through research, policy and outreach.
To strengthen Arab Family through Research, Policy, Outreach and Advocacy at the national, regional and international levels.
- Creativity: To continuously seek innovative solutions to family challenges.
- Integrity: To maintain high standards.
- Commitment: To be dedicated to the work we are entrusted with and reliable to do 100% of our job.
- Accountability: To take full responsibility for our actions and are accountable for our work.
To read Doha Declaration on the family click here