Seminar on Qatari Families: Strengths and Challenges
The Doha International Family Institute (DIFI), a member of Qatar Foundation for education, science and community Development, in collaboration with Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs, held a Seminar entitled The Qatari Family: Strength and Challenges at Qatar National Convention Center on the 16 - 17 Jan 2018.
The seminar discussed the findings of a study on Qatari Families: Strengths and Challenges, a part of a larger, DIFI research project on Arab Family Strengths in Qatar, Jordan and Tunisia. The purpose of this research is to identify the factors that are associated with strong, Arab families, the challenges they face, and how they rely on their strengths as individuals, families, members of communities, and the wisdom of their cultural and religious beliefs to meet these many challenges.
The seminar included four panels: Marital Relationships, Parenting, Culture, and Financial Aspects. The event provided a platform for Qatar’s policymakers, practitioners, researchers, service providers, and civil society to discuss the most important challenges facing Qatari families and propose recommendations to strengthen Qatari families.
Research Findings Presenters
- Dr. Abdulla Badahdah – Ph.D., Director of Research, Doha International Family Institute
- Dr. John DeFrain – Ph.D., Professor Emeritus on Family Studies, University of Nebraska-Lincoln,USA
- Dr. Azza Abdulmeneim – Ph.D., Senior Lead Researcher, Doha International Family Institute
- Dr. Sylvia M. Asay – Sylvia Asay, Ph.D., Professor of Family Studies, University of Nebraska Kearney, USA
- Mona Al-Khulaifi, Manager of Consultancy Department (WIFAQ)
- Sheikh Ahmed Al-Buainain, Family Counselor and Licensed Marriage Official
- Khalid Saleh Al-Yafei, Managing Director of Al-Rashed Center
- Ms. Najat Al-Abdullah, Director of Family Affairs Department, Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs
- Abdulrahman Al-Harami, Educational Advisor, ‘EDAAD’ Centre
- Colonel Ghanem Al –Khayarin, Department of Community Police
- Mansour Al-Saadi – Executive Director of the Center for Protection and Social Rehabilitation “AMAN”
- Aisha Jassim Al-Kuwari, Chairman of Qatar Voluntary Board, Cultural Consultant, Chief Executive Officer of Dar Rosa Publishing
- Rabia Al-Kuwari – Member of the Committee of Trustees of the State Prize for Child Literature, Ministry of Culture and Sport
- Noura Al-Dosari, Executive Director, Volunteer and Local Development Sector, Qatar Red Crescent.
- Ghanim Al-Kuwari, Director of Social Security Department, Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs.
- Ms. Jawaher Al Mana – Trainer in Self Development
- Mr. Ahmed Al-Malki, Educational Researcher and Trainer in Media and Educational Skills
- Ms. Asma Al-Hammadi, Media Personality, Al-Jazeera Channel
- Ms. Noor Al-Malki Al-Jehani – Executive Director, Doha International Family Institute
For photo gallery of the event click here