Protecting the Arab Family from Poverty
Convened as part of the preparations for the 20th anniversary of the International Year of the Family in 2014.
This expert group meeting is titled “Protecting the Arab Family from Poverty: Employment, Social Integration and Intergenerational Solidarity”
The main issues discussed were:
- Social and economic trends affecting families and the need for adequate policy response.
- Anti-poverty, family-focused policies.
- Employment, family and work balance/policies and practices.
- Recent trends in family poverty and social exclusion.
- Demographic and social trends impacting intergenerational relations.
- Social integration and intergenerational solidarity.
Fourteen high profile experts undertook a comprehensive review of what has been achieved in the MENA region in confronting family poverty, ensuring work-family balance and advancing social integration and intergenerational solidarity, highlighting challenges and success, exploring good practices, lessons learned, and providing policy recommendations.
- UN DESA – Economic and Social Council, Family Social Policy and Development Division
- 20th Anniversary of International Year of Family
- English Agenda
- Arabic Agenda
- Statement of the Chair of the Board, His Excellency Abdullah Bin Nasser Al Khalifa
- Statement of the Executive Director, Her Excellency Noor Al Malki
- List of experts
- Aide Memoire