The High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) Family Relations and Flexible Work-Arrangements: The Way Forward
HLPF Priority Theme:
Sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic that promotes the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development: building an inclusive and effective path for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda in the context of the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development”
The State of Qatar
Date and time:
July 6th 2021
2:30-4:00 pm (Qatar time)
Virtual through Zoom
The prevalence of COVID-19 has set the pace for the application of flexible work arrangements that can be applied to all work-places in our daily routines, without disrupting the work environment and more importantly allowing families to spend more time together towards cohesive families. This session aims to provide an overview of policies and procedures taken around the globe in the provision of flexible-working arrangements such as telecommuting, and how they have impacted family relations, including parental roles and responsibilities and gender equality within the family sphere. It will also highlight the challenges faced by families in balancing between their work and familial responsibilities and will propose policy recommendations and solutions on the way forward.
The Doha Briefing aims to provide a platform for a diverse set of stakeholders, including governments, civil society, and United Nations entities to undertake a policy dialogue to enable a better understanding of progress made and challenges faced by families and to exchange experiences and lessons learned concerning new evidence and innovations targeted at families. To that end, the Doha Briefing 2021 aims to address the following:
- How have flexible working arrangements impacted familial relationships?
- Taking into consideration the COVID-19 pandemic, what policies and programs were taken to adopt flexible working arrangements?
- How has parenting and marital relationships been impacted by the introduction of flexible working arrangements?
- What are the perceptions towards and needs of mothers and young parents to flexible working arrangements?
- What is the way forward? Are flexible working arrangements and telecommuting the new normal? Or are there new policies and programs that should be considered?
To watch the video, click on the link:https://youtu.be/ixQmAYJWGjg
Mr. Khalid Al Naama presentation click here
Dr.Sara Al-Abdulla presentation click here