OSRA Research Grant
Supporting Family Research
DIFI, in collaboration with the Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF), launched an annual research grant on the Arab family and family policy-related issues. The goal of this grant is to encourage basic and applied research aimed at developing a knowledge base on Arab families, including comparative and policy oriented research.
- To support high quality empirical work that advances research on Arab families
- To provide policymakers with evidence-based research and analysis that encourages the formation and/or modification of family-related policies
- To develop research capacity on issues related to the Arab family
- To develop research areas in support of the Qatar National Research Strategy (QNRS)
General Areas of Interest
- Marriage in the Arab world
- Family in the Arab world
- Parenting and parenthood in the Arab world
- Divorce in the Arab World
For specific examples of research topics in each theme, please check the Call for Proposals.
Categories of Eligibility
- Researchers residing in and affiliated with an institution inside an Arab country, holding a research-oriented doctorate or any approved terminal degree and having at least 3 peer reviewed publications in the relevant research areas
- Researchers from non-Arab countries as collaborative partners with Arab-based institutions
Language: Research proposals must be prepared in Arabic or English.
LPI & PI online registration
December 5, 2016
Open proposal submission
January 9, 2017
Informational Webinar at 10:00 am, Doha time (GMT+3).
For registration, please visit the link
February 13, 2017
Close proposal submission
Successful proposals notification