Supporting Family Research
Doha International Family Institute (DIFI), in collaboration with the Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF), launched the second cycle of its annual OSRA Research Grant on the Arab Family and family policy-related issues. The goal of this grant is to encourage research aimed at developing a knowledge base on Arab families.
The OSRA Research Grant offers up to 50,000 USD to the most competitive and innovative proposals and is open to researchers from Qatar and all Arab countries. For researchers from non-Arab countries, the grant offers the opportunity to participate as collaborative partners with Qatari or Arab-based institutions.
Aims of the OSRA Research Grant
- To support high quality empirical work that advances research on Arab families.
- To provide policymakers with evidence-based research and analysis that encourages the formation and/or modification of family-related policies.
- To develop research capacity on issues-related to Arab families.
- To develop research areas in support of the Qatar National Research Strategy (QNRS).
Specific Research Priority Areas of the OSRA Research Grant.
- Family in the Arab world. The impact of wars and conflicts on Arab families; single parent families; extended families; stepfamilies; dual-career families; childfree families; division of household labor.
- Marriage in the Arab world. Patterns of marriage formation (e.g., Mixed marriages and Misyyar); marriage and immigration; delayed marriage; remarriage; mate-selection; singlehood.
- Parenting and parenthood in the Arab world. The impact of wars and conflicts on parent-child relationship; parenting styles and practices; impact of parenting styles on children's well-being; parents' engagement in children's academic life; motherhood; fatherhood; delayed parenthood; transition to parenthood.
- Divorce in the Arab World. Social and individual risk factors associated with divorce; social, economic, and emotional effects of divorce; the impact of divorce on children (e.g., academic performance, antisocial behavior, and psychological wellbeing).
How to Apply
Register and submit the full application through the online submission system website: https://www.qgrants.org/
The Grant Application Guide (GAG) will be available soon for download Here; see the Download Center for the NPRP. The site will be active on the 5th of December, 2016 (noon, Doha time).
The CFP and the timeline are available Here. All other related documents will be available soon.
December 5, 2016
Open proposal submission
February 13, 2016
Close proposal submission
February 27, 2017
Close the online Research Office Vetting
Successful proposals notification
DIFI Administrator Contact:
Grant Management Office
+974 4454 8219
For any inquiries regarding the application please use QNRF support system.